It’s the CRE phrase and tax initiative that took the market by storm: Opportunity Zones. According to Forbes, the potential market for the Opportunity Zones program is at an astounding $6 trillion – and developers and investors alike are starting to invest in Opportunity Zone Funds and look into ways to best maximize these tax incentives.But there are many questions yet to be resolved. investors are most eager to dive deep and unpack the next round of regulations from the IRS, which were released in April after much anticipation. And as approaching deadlines loom ahead, how can developers stay ahead, as many are still seeking answers?
Bisnow is here to unpack the various layers of Opportunity Zones, including investment, location, and next steps to best prepare the DC market. It’s an opportunity you don’t want to miss!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
1. What do the IRS regulations released in April mean for investors looking to put money in Opportunity Zones?
2. How can developers use Opportunity Zones to benefit communities in need, rather than amplifying fears of displacement?
3. As the deadline to maximize 2019’s capital gains approaches, what are the next best steps for investors and developers alike?
4. How are professionals forming Qualified Opportunity Zone Funds and raising capital?
5. What Opportunity Zone deals have been made, locally and nationally, and how?
6. How will HUD Secretary Carson’s preference point system impact affordable housing?
**Please note content on this event will run until 12:05PM**