New Developments in HIPAA Regulation and Enforcement – Looking Back at 2017, What to Expect in 2018
Please join us for a review of HIPAA privacy and security regulatory developments and enforcement in 2017, with some thoughts on what to expect in this space in 2018. Topics will include:
- The recent lag in Office for Civil Rights (OCR) settlements: An anomaly or the “new normal”?
- Recent OCR enforcement actions
- Lessons learned from the HIPAA Phase 2 audits
- Responding to the threat of ransomware after WannaCry
- OCR Guidance on disaster response and sharing of opioid abuse information